Hello, there! I’m Christopher, which you should have known if you saw my cute little green logo. So, let me not distract you from the following post. I hope you like it! I’d love to hear your thoughts after you’re done reading it! Enjoy!
Hello everyone! It’s time to discuss Disqus!
So, I wrote the discussion on my website last time and I’m not 100% sure if I can keep doing it (though it was a success). So I’m gonna try again. :D (Yeah, yeah, I may be crazy.)
This is my fifth “Five Things I Want To Disqus” post thingy! Whoho! So I’m gonna bring one thing up from the old discussions that I don’t feel like I got enough information from. So lemme try again!
1. I have a question: how does the “Interesting Commenters/Communities” work? Are they random people, only high rep users, really high rep users, or what? Just curious. :D
2. The featuring comments thing is just plain awesome! I love doing it and the people I feature just love me for that. :D But, I plan on going through my old posts to make sure that every thread has a featured comment. So, how will they know if I don’t tell them? I think if you guys implement that into the Notifications inbox, then that’ll be so cool! :D (Oh, quick question. What happens when a user deletes his account and his comment was featured?)
3. So, I try to add mods for threads, but it doesn’t seem to work. Then again, I haven’t tried since the moderation pages got their update, but I wanted to bring that to your attention. I can’t get them to work.
4. Is there plans to give the channels a “name?” As in Engage and Reveal? (That wasn’t the original question; it was congratulating you guys for letting others create channels.)
5. Can we have sneak peaks on what’s going to happen with Disqus soon? I’m just curious; you don’t have to. If not, I was thinking you could have a page on your website about the history of Disqus (showcasing how different Disqus of old and new looks like could be part of it. Like at disqus.com/history. That could be cool!
Great job keeping this up and giving us a commenting system that’s just plain awesome! :D God bless!
P. S. So, what happened to the noodle lady (Amanda)? From what I gather, she left Disqus to go to graduate school.
Hello again! I’m so happy you finished reading my post, and, boy, do I hope you liked it!